This is a summary of how Davis Health & Fitness Ltd T/A Axis Fitness manages the information it collects and holds about you. You can view our full data privacy statement below
- Personal data is any information about you or relating to you from which we are able to identify you individually
- We may also collect or receive data about your family members and other people connected to you, and this is also personal data, (this will be your assigned Emergency Contact person)
- Davis Health & Fitness Ltd T/A Axis Fitness is the company registered as the data controller for your personal data which means it determines the purposes for which and the manner in which your personal data is, or is to be, processed.
What information we collect and process
- We collect personal information for the administration and management of our gym membership function
- The types of personal information we control is broad, and includes your contact information, bank account details, age, information captured on our security systems and photographs
- We also process certain special categories of information, such as and biometric identifiers
How we collect and use your information
- We collect and use your personal information both to manage your gym membership subscriptions
- We also use the personal information you provide to manage your fitness routines
- Personal information may be provided by you to us, it may be internally generated by us, or it may also be provided to us by third parties
How and when we share your information
- In order to carry out our role as your fitness provider, your information may be shared with other Axis Fitness employees, such as your managers and instructors, other employees and individuals within Axis Fitness
- Your information may also be shared with third parties outside of Axis Fitness to enable us to manage your membership.
- We will also share information if we are required to do so by law, or to protect the safety of our employees, the public or Davis Health & Fitness Ltd’s property
- We have in place technical, physical and organisational security measures designed to protect against the unauthorised access, use, damage or loss of your personal information
- Davis Health & Fitness Ltd will retain your personal information as long as we think it is necessary to do so
- This includes keeping your data for a specific time period after the end of your employment, as explained in our full data privacy statement
- When your data is no longer needed, it will be confidentially destroyed
Questions and requests
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- You have certain rights in relation to your personal data – please see below for more details
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information that we collect and use for gym-related purposes and for the administration of our membership subscriptions. We have prepared this statement (referred to as the “Privacy Statement” or “Statement”) to explain more about how Davis Health & Fitness Ltd and its wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively referred to as ”Axis Fitness” “we”, “us” or “our” in this Statement), manages the personal information that is collected and used throughout the course of the membership relationship.
This Statement is comprised of two sections – a globally applicable statement and a market- specific addendum. This initial section describes the standards in relation to how Axis Fitness as a whole collects and manages employment and human resources-related information. To the extent there are variations within a specific market or additional information that is required to be provided under the applicable law, a local market addendum has been attached. For the purposes of this Statement as a whole, Davis Health & Fitness Ltd is the data controller of your personal information.
Scope and Application
This Statement applies to personal information (i.e., any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person) we collect or which is otherwise provided to us by our current or former members, whether provided in writing, electronically or orally. In certain cases, this also includes the information of other parties such as family members, dependents, beneficiaries and other individuals whose information we collect pursuant to or as a result of the relationship that those parties have with a current or former member of Axis Fitness. This Statement does not apply to the information that is collected from prospective members.
What Information we Collect and Process
We collect personal information for the administration and management of our gym membership function. The actual personal information collected will vary depending on your status as a current or former member as well as the nature of your membership.
In the normal course of gym activities, we may collect the following type of personal information:
- Contact information such as your name, home address, telephone numbers (home and mobile), email address and emergency contact information;
- Your gender, date of birth;
- Bank account information;
- Medical history, training notes and medial referral letters;
- Your date of joining
- Electronic content produced or received by you using Davis Health & Fitness Ltd IT systems, including documents, information, and emails and other electronic communications transmitted or received through the use of Davis Health & Fitness Ltd and Axis Fitness IT systems;
• Information needed in order to comply with local legislation, court requests or law enforcement authorities;
- Date of termination of membership and other information relating to termination of your membership;
- Information captured on security systems, including door entry systems and CCTV systems;
- Photographs; and
- Information published in the press or public domain about Axis Fitness.
In addition, we may process certain special categories of information if that information is needed for carrying out obligations and exercising Axis Fitness’s or your rights in the fields of social protection laws, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and with your consent. Such special categories of information may include:
- Information on physical limitations, special needs and other medical or health-related gym accommodations;
- Biometric identifiers and information, such as fingerprint and fingerprint templates; and
The types of personal information actually collected by us pursuant to this Statement may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction in accordance with applicable law. Your provision of certain types of information is optional. However, we need to process certain information to manage and perform our contractual relationship with you.
How we Use your Information
We collect and use personal information for a number of purposes:
Performance of our Contractual Relationship as a Gym provider
- Administration and maintenance of our membership subscriptions
Legitimate Interests we Pursue as an Employer
- Monitoring and protecting the security and use of our networks, communications and systems, offices and facilities, reports, property and infrastructure;
- Ensuring business continuity
Compliance with Applicable Law
- Compliance with legal obligations;
- Dispute and complaint resolution, internal investigations and reviews, auditing, compliance, and risk management;
- Compliance with record-keeping and reporting obligations; and
- Establishing, exercising or defending against legal claims.
To the extent any envisioned use is inconsistent with or outside of the above contemplated uses in this Statement, we will communicate it to you at the point of collection.
How we Collect the Information
This information may be provided by you to Axis Fitness, internally generated by Axis Fitness or may be provided to us by third parties for the purposes of managing the membership relationship. How your information will actually be collected and used will depend on whether you are a current or former member of Axis Fitness, as well as the applicable law in the jurisdiction at issue which may place certain requirements on the collection, use and disclosure of this information.
How we Disclose and Share your Information
In order to carry out the services and employment-related objectives contemplated in this Statement, your information may be shared with other Axis Fitness employees and individuals within Axis Fitness.
Your information may also be shared with various third parties outside of Axis Fitness for the purpose of providing the services above, the administration and management of our gym membership program and in order for Axis Fitness to comply with applicable law. These third parties include:
- Membership management providers
- Third party service providers, including subcontractors and consultants that provide services to Axis Fitness; and
- Government authorities, including regulatory authorities, law enforcement, or public entities such as local tax authorities.
We may also share information with third parties when:
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, warrant or legal process and such disclosure is in compliance with local law;
- In the event of a merger or acquisition, asset sale, a transfer of some or all of Axis Fitness business, or other related transaction; and
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of our gym member, the public or Axis Fitness property.
We have in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures that are designed to protect against unauthorised access, disclosure, damage or loss of personal information. The collection, transmission and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. However, we take steps to ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect your information.
Unless a specific retention period is mandated or permitted under applicable law, Axis Fitness will only retain your personal information for the duration of time necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Statement. This means that, in some cases, we may retain your personal information for a period of time following termination of your relationship with Axis Fitness. Our retention policies reflect applicable local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of Axis Fitness.
Choice and Access
We want to ensure that you have the necessary tools at your disposal to control the information that you provide to us. It is also important that you contact us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
Depending on your location, you may be entitled to request access to, erase, restrict and object to the processing of your personal information that is held by Axis Fitness. In these instances, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These requests will be reviewed and processed in line with local law.
Changes to this Statement
From time to time we may change, modify or amend this Privacy Statement in order to comply with the evolving regulatory environment or the way we operate our business. Subject to any applicable legal requirements to provide additional notice and/or obtain consent, any changes to this Statement will be communicated to you through existing Axis Fitness communication channels and resources.
23rd April 2018
Addendum for Individuals located within the United Kingdom
The below provisions are in addition to and intended to supplement the content above.
Local Data Controller
Davis Health & Fitness Ltd T/A Axis Fitness is the data controller for the processing of your personal information. Davis Health & Fitness Ltd administration office is located at 28 Apex Business Village, Cramlington, Northumberland NE23 7BF.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- Health Information
We may process information about your physical or mental health in compliance with our obligations in connection with your membership, in particular (i) to facilitate the provision of appropriate training programs (ii) to comply with health and safety obligations; (iii) in relation to any accidents which may happen at the gym.
We will always treat information about health as confidential and it will only be shared internally where there is a specific and legitimate purpose to do so. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organisational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration, or disclosure.
Health information will typically be retained during the course of an individual’s membership. Following the termination of an individual’s membership, we will typically retain health information for such period as specified in our Retention and Disposal Policy, subject to any exceptional circumstances and/or to comply with particular laws or regulations.
Choice and Access
If you are located in the European Union, you have additional rights in relation to how your personal information is processed, including the right in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal information and obtain a copy of it;
- Request the transmission of your personal information you have provided to us to you or another company;
- Have your personal information rectified when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Object to particular aspects of how your data is processed;
- Have your personal information erased, including any links to, copy or replication of such information, as permitted under applicable law; this applies, for instance, where your information is outdated, or it is no longer necessary or lawful for us to keep or where you withdraw your consent to our processing based on such consent, or where you successfully object to our processing;
- Obtain the restriction of the processing while we are answering your request or complaint pertaining to (i) the accuracy of your personal information, (ii) our legitimate interests to process such information, or (iii) the lawfulness of our processing activities; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time where you voluntarily participate in Axis Fitness initiatives. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, you may not be able to participate in or benefit from the programs, services and initiatives for which you provided consent to the processing of your personal information. You should be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
You may exercise these rights free of charge. However, subject to the applicable law, Axis Fitness may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character. In some situations, Axis Fitness may refuse to act or impose limitations on the information disclosed if, for instance, the disclosure is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, or interfere with pending or future litigation.
You will not be subject to decisions based solely on automated data processing without your prior consent.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the Supervisory Authority in the UK. Contact details are as follows: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or contacting the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or email@example.com
Our policy is to retain personal data only for as long as needed to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or otherwise as required under applicable laws and regulations. Retention periods which we apply to the employee data which we collect and process are set out more fully in our Retention and Disposal Policy.
Under some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to retain and use such anonymous data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you.
Get in touch
We’re conveniently located in High Gosforth Park with plenty of free car parking and we’d welcome you to come in and have a look around – Try Us, Like Us, Join Us!